Saturday, November 24, 2007

ESPN's "bonus coverage" is bullshit.

So here I sat, happily watching the West Virginia vs. Connecticut football game on CBS. Both the Big East title and West Virginia's national title hopes are at stake. So what does ESPN do? They cut away from the game in the 3rd quarter for "bonus coverage" of a Georgia vs. Georgia Tech game that means nothing.

If I was watching the West Virginia vs. Connecticut game, how in the holiest of hells do you (ESPN) think that I want to watch two other teams instead? Don't you (ESPN) realize that I and a million other people schedule time out of our lives to watch this game, and we don't want to watch something else??

I think ESPN has become a bit monopolistic. You watch games on their network or you watch their feeds on other networks. What else is there? It's not like I have a choice to go take my college football viewing money elsewhere. Clearly, I'm not happy missing my game. It's not the first time, either.

Fuck you, ESPN.

-Ox.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home